Un: Eliminating International Terrorism
Eye on the UN published links to three statements to the UN’s 6th Committee on the subject of measures to eliminate international terrorism. This post will concentrate on publishing those links, which appear below.
In view of the recent 10th anniversary of the Accursed Abomination and several recent foiled plots, the subject absolutely must be moved to the front burner.
Instead of republishing each of the statements, I will let you read them, then I will tear them apart point by point in a series of posts. Here are the links to those pdf files.
- Qatar/Arab Group
- Iran/Non-Aligned Group.
Those statements contain references to external documents, which, in turn reference others. So that the inordinately curious may explore the issue in greather depth, I present a list of what I consider to be the most important of those references with the links I was able to find.
- General Assembly resolution 51/210
- 17 December 1996
- Referenced by Qatar
- High Level symposium on international counter–terrorism
- Chairman’s Summary
- G.A. President’s Statement
- Special Rapporteur on Counter Terrorism and Human Rights
- Ban Ki-Moon
- U.S. Eric Holder
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- European Union
- H.E. Catherine Ashton, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice president of the Commission
- General Assembly resolution 46/51
- OIC Group Resolution No. 20137-POL
- draft Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism
- (GA resolution 601288
No comments yet.