Its Shari’ah, Stupid #22
We continue exploration of modern Fiqh in this twenty-second episode.
Another contemporary jihad Evangelist is Yusuf al-Qaradawi (b. 1926), a member of the Muslim Brothers (the world’s first terrorist organization), and leader of the European Council for Fatwa and Research. Al-Qaradawi is counted as one of the most influential Muslim authorities. He has defended suicide bombings against Israelis, because he believes that there are no Israeli civilians, as all Israelis do military service, and therefore counted as soldiers. In the following interview, he advocated jihad to fight Israel. He does this by referring to Muhammad as a role model for today’s jihadists.
|”On the other hand, Allah wanted Muhammad’s life to be a model. […] Similarly, Allah has also made the prophet Muhammad into an epitome for religious warriors [Mujahideen] since he ordered Muhammed to fight for religion […]
”The youth who wish to hurry to establish an Islamic state with an Islamic rule seek clashes with the existing regimes in the Arab states despite the fact that they don’t have sufficient strength; they don’t have military strength and not even the mental strength to establish an Islamic rule.” […]
”On the other hand, there are some things that cannot wait; for instance, when the land of the Muslims is being invaded. When that happens, we do not say ’let’s wait, we will surrender to them and only then [we shall see]’ […] no! In that case, Islam requires that the people of the invaded land will fight the invaders […] and following them, their neighbors. And if this is not enough, all the Muslims [must enlist for this purpose]. Hence, a problem like the current Intifada and the Palestinian problem is one that cannot wait; the nation must fight and defend itself and not allow the invader to ruin the land […]
Sheik Al-Qaradhawi argued that there are two types of Jihad: ”A Jihad which you seek, and a Jihad in which you repulse an attack.” In the Jihad which you are seeking, you look for the enemy and invade him. This type of Jihad takes place only when the Islamic state is invading other [countries] in order to spread the word of Islam and to remove obstacles standing in its way. The repulsing Jihad takes place when your land is being invaded and conquered […] [in that case you must] repulse [the invader] to the best of your ability; if you kill him he will end up in hell, and if he kills you, you become a martyr [Shahid] […]
Sheik Al-Qaradhawi – who throughout his recent appearances has declared that Palestinian suicide attacks are considered ”self-sacrifice” and not suicide, and thus are permitted and even welcome from a religious standpoint – was again asked about this issue. He argued that the person who commits that act ”is not a suicide [bomber]. He kills the enemy while taking self-risk, similarly to what Muslims did in the past […] He wants to scare his enemies, and the religious authorities have permitted this. They said that if he causes the enemy both sorrow and fear of Muslims […] he is permitted to risk himself and even get killed.”
- They said that if he causes the enemy both sorrow and fear of Muslims […] he is permitted to risk himself and even get killed.”
Do you understand this saying? Self sacrifice is permitted if it results in death, grief & terror suffered by the victims. Where in Hell does a “holy man” obtain such ideas? If our leaders and academicians did not have their brains burried in their butts they might be able to search Islam’s canon and discover the source. Because my brain is at the correct end of my spinal column, I am able to investigate and report the source to you. I do this because I want you to know, to be angered, to inform others, organize, and disrespectfully demand effective action to defend our way of life from Islam’s invasion, subversion and demographic conquest.
- 3:12. Say (O Muhammad ) to those who disbelieve: “You will be defeated and gathered together to Hell, and worst indeed is that place to rest.”
- 3:112. Indignity is put over them wherever they may be, except when under a covenant (of protection) from Allah, and from men; they have drawn on themselves the Wrath of Allah, and destruction is put over them. This is because they disbelieved in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets without right. This is because they disobeyed (Allah) and used to transgress beyond bounds (in Allah’s disobedience, crimes and sins).
- 3:151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers).
- 7:167. And (remember) when your Lord declared that He would certainly keep on sending against them (i.e. the Jews), till the Day of Resurrection, those who would afflict them with a humiliating torment. Verily, your Lord is Quick in Retribution (for the disobedient, wicked) and certainly He is OftForgiving, Most Merciful (for the obedient and those who beg Allâh’s Forgiveness).
- 8:12.(Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, “Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes.“
- 8:57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.
- 9:14. Fight against them so that Allâh will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people,
- 9:73. O Prophet (Muhammad )! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell, – and worst indeed is that destination.
- he then fought with the people until he was killed.
- A man from the Ansar came forward and fought (the enemy) until he was killed.
- It has been reported on the authority of Jabir that a man said: Messenger of Allah, where shall I be if I am killed? He replied: In Paradise. The man threw away the dates he had in his hand and fought until he was killed
- Then he went forward and fought until he was killed. The Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: He has done a little but shall be given a great reward.
- he went forward and fought thein (the enemy) until he was killed.
Who are the Shaheed, the honored martyrs? Those who fought to the death. The hadith are sunnah: models to be emulated.
These expressions should be clues for you to help understand what the Sheikh’s blood thirsty opinion is derived from.
- Indignity is put over them
- destruction is put over them
- We shall cast terror
- afflict them with a humiliating torment
- I will cast terror
- punish them severely
- Allâh will punish them by your hands and disgrace them
- Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them
- fought until he was killed
I close this post with a negative examplar.
9:120. It was not becoming of the people of Al-Madinah and the bedouins of the neighbourhood to remain behind Allâh’s Messenger (Muhammad when fighting in Allâh’s Cause) and (it was not becoming of them) to prefer their own lives to his life. That is because they suffer neither thirst nor fatigue, nor hunger in the Cause of Allâh, nor they take any step to raise the anger of disbelievers nor inflict any injury upon an enemy but is written to their credit as a deed of righteousness. Surely, Allâh wastes not the reward of the Muhsinûn
Muslims get credit for righteous deeds by:
- any step to raise the anger of disbelievers
- inflicting any injury upon disbelievers.
Got a clue yet? If not, we know where your head is.
No comments yet.